Sections

Thursday 5 September 2013

Favourite TV Shows, Rainy Afternoons and Pre-Natal Classes

So I used to love watching shows like Come Dine With Me, and Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

These days, however, I watch show like One Born Every Minute, and am right now watching A Baby Story (Season 9, Ep 10) on Discovery.

I'm supposed to be at work today, and in fact, I did go to work in the morning (heavy rain, everyone was late) but sometime before lunch, I felt all feverish and just not quite there. I have a feeling it's because I spent pretty much all of last night tossing and turning without the duvet, with the air-conditioning on full blast (hormones, hot hot hormones).

So I'm guessing I caught a cold (which makes me feel ... hot?)

Had lunch with my colleagues, after which I took a taxi back to the apartment with the intention of having a nice, long afternoon nap. However, that kinda changed when I switched on the TV and started watching said favourite programmes.

Fingers crossed, I'm supposed to be at work for about exactly one more month. That is approximately four working weeks with the people I've spent the past 1.5 years with. Well, one of my colleagues TFL is about to leave the firm soon, and so with her gone, that pretty much makes it no Charlie's Angels left on the wall.

With Charlie himself being moved to another team, I'm kinda glad I'm gonna be maternity around this time, as I don't think I would like to be in the current team with everyone leaving it. Although, to be honest, perhaps if I was staying, maybe TFL wouldn't have left?

Anyhow, I noticed that the main difference between the 2 TV shows is that the British version (ie One Born Every Minute) is a lot more graphic and less "matt-effect" compared to the American version which has the usual smooth finishing touches to the programme. The British one shows you everything, and by everything, I mean I've learned so much just from watching these shows alone.

We have been going to the pre-natal classes with Mdm Wong Boh Boi from Thomson Medical Centre, and that has taught us alot. That, coupled with the TV shows, have taught us all the stuff that they don't tell you about in books. The main source of my information so far has been Google.

Though, with Google, you have to take everything you read with a bucket full of salt. Forums are probably the worse source of quick information if you do not back it up with plenty of other research. Some of the people who go on forums to "give advice" to people are literally dishing up hearsay and rumours, so for the longest time, I made myself go into a panic each time I went on these forums.

Anyway, another pee break now. And besides, I never really know how to end a blog post anyway, so I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...