Sections

Thursday 5 September 2013

Another sleepless night

Sleepless ie without sleep

So because I spent the better part of half a day at home yesterday, just relaxing and watching TV (and not actually napping all that much despite being very tired), I thought I’d have no problem sleeping at night. Wrong.

So we went to bed around 11.30pm, and as I tried to get comfortable (lie flat, then with enough momentum, heave myself to the left, only to then heave myself to the right again, and then end up propped at a 45 degree angle on a pillow), I began to feel like this was gonna be another one of those sleepless nights.

True enough, an hour later, I was still wide awake, and listening to some dubious rhythmic thumping sounds from the apartment above. Then, I think I must have fallen asleep, as I woke up around 2am with a pain in my tummy. It didn’t feel like any pain I’d felt recently, which got me into a bit of a panic.

 Picture from http://www.babypicturesphotos.com/

Contractions? How do they even feel like? What am I feeling?

So, clutching belly, I went to the toilet and sat there for a bit. Turns out, it was (TMI) my tummy being rebellious as I’d been kinda constipated for the last few days. About 20 minutes later, I was still sitting on the throne, to no avail. Took myself back to bed, couldn’t get back to sleep, so padded my way to the lounge where I just sat there staring into space for a bit. Not working, so took myself back to bed, and somehow, I must have fallen asleep because when the phone alarm rang at 7.45am, my sleep-shut eyes just would not open.

Told the Hubs “I’m not going to work today” and fell back to sleep again.

I never had any problems sleeping. In fact, Hubs used to envy me for my amazing sleep abilities. I’d literally get into bed, and before he’d even got comfortable on his pillow, I’d already be sleep-talking to him. These days, it’s the other way around. Hoping that this insomnia business goes away once baby is here? (fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...